New projects for a new challenge!The FabLabs were given four months to come up with projects related to this year’s theme of “Art makers”. The challenge allows young people who have dropped out of school or are unemployed to work as team to make something using the digital tools from one of the 88 FabLabs that we support.
13 teams in 7 countries selected for this year’s international Solidarity FabLabs challenge #Imake4MyCity!
13 digital creations in seven different countries
This year, we have chosen 13 projects from seven different countries:
- Kinshasa in 3D, Lisungi Solidarity FabLab, Kinshasa (DRC)
- Fashion through recycling, Lisungi Solidarity FabLab, Kinshasa (DRC)
- Pretty, therapeutic slippers, Ongola Solidarity FabLab, Yaoundé, Cameroon
- Electronic clothing, Ongola Solidarity FabLab, Yaoundé, Cameroon
- Mobile photo studio, Solidarity FabLab, Montreuil, France
- Designer lighting, Solidarity FabLab, Mourenx, France
- Human-machine drawing, Poincarré Cooperative Solidarity FabLab, Saint-Denis, France
- Magic Dress, FabLabinox Solidarity FabLab, Gueugno, France
- Sculpture in hand, GarageLab Ortzadar Solidarity FabLab, San Sebastian, Spain
- Redesigned bus, GarageLab Solidarity FabLab, Barcelona, Spain
- Calligraphic lamp, El FabSpace Solidarity FabLab, Tunis, Tunisia
- Living painting, Sénécole Solidarity FabLab, Dakar, Senegal
- Music, dance, and vice versa, Robisz Solidarity FabLab, Warsaw, Poland
In a few days, you will discover the details of these projects in a video on fondationorange.com. Remember to support your favourite project on our website because every vote counts!
Voting is open to everyone
Everyone can take part in the challenge by voting for the project they believe deserves to win the Art Makers challenge. Why vote? Because the winning project and the young creators will earn a prize and the sum of €10,000 to bring their project to life.
Two other prizes worth €10,000 each will also be awarded. In addition to the online vote, a panel of judges and the Orange Foundation will choose two projects.
A ceremony will be held at a festive event in Paris to award the prizes.
In the meantime, follow us on our social media platforms.